Saturday 18 February 2012

Top 10 Movies I Own But Never Watched

I have a couple DVD's and Blu-Rays on my shelf right now, but I usually don't get to watch them, for certain reasons. So today, I will count down the 10 Movies I Own But Never Watched. Don't worry, I'm still doing the Oscar marathon, in fact, a Gone with the Wind review is coming soon, but for now, here's my list:

10. The Goonies (1985)

Rotten Tomatoes: 63%
Director: Richard Donner
Why I Never Watched It: This looks like a very entertaining a fun film, but the thing is, even though I want to watch this film, there are films on Netflix or on TV I want to watch MORE. Who knows, I may watch it soon for fun, but for now, it's sitting in my shelf gathering dust.

9. Hero (2004)

Rotten Tomatoes: 95%
Director: Yimou Zhang
Why I Never Watched It: This also looks like an excellent film to watch, but the thing is, I usually watch films with a lot of accolades and awards to it's name. Sure, this film is the top grossing film ever of China, but it needs more than that to really interest me. So, I hope to watch it, but for now, I think I have more Oscar movies to view.

8. Ghostbusters 2 (1989)

Rotten Tomatoes: 51%
Director: Ivan Reitman
Why I Never Watched It: I watched the first Ghostbusters, and it was a good film, it wasn't brilliant, but it was good. Now, people are saying this one sucks, and that worries me. I put this so high because if I do hate it, it'll make an interesting review.

7. Cold Mountain (2003)

Rotten Tomatoes: 71%
Director: Anthony Minghella 
Why I Never Watched It: It's long, I heard some bad things from it, and, again, I feel I can watch better films.

6. Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest (2006)

Rotten Tomatoes: 54%
Director: Gore Verbenski 
Why I Never Watched It: I received this as a gift, but can't watch it because I NEVER SAW THE FIRST ONE.

5. A Few Good Men (1992)

Rotten Tomatoes: 84%
Director: Rob Reiner
Why I Never Watched It: I only received it recently, so I couldn't plan time to watch it.

4. E.T. The Extra Terrestrial (1982)

Rotten Tomatoes: 98%
Director: Steven Spielberg
Why I Never Watched It: It seems a little childish to me, which holds me back from watching it, but I will get to it eventually.

3. The Departed (2006)

Rotten Tomatoes: 93%
Director: Martin Scorsese 
Why I Never Watched It: I also received this recently, and due to it's long length, it's hard to watch this movie with time to spare.

2. Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King (2003)

Rotten Tomatoes: 94%
Director: Peter Jackson
Why I Never Watched It: Incredibly long, and the fall of quality from the first movie to the second makes me slightly nervous.

1. The Godfather: Part II and III

Rotten Tomatoes: 98%, 68%
Director: Francis Ford Coppola
Why I Never Watched It: JUST. SO. LONG.

I hope you enjoyed my list. 

1 comment:

  1. i know you will watch these other movies but HERO is a movie you should must watch !!! also LOTR 3 is the best of them all ...
    great list :)) (as always) :P

    ReplyDelete