Saturday 17 December 2011

Wayne's World Review



Let me just say I didn't expect much, even though this movie is, for the most part, critically acclaimed. I thought the jokes in the trailer were lame, and the fact that I got this movie for $7 for Home Hardware kinda lowered my expectations. Shockingly enough though, this is a good movie. No wait, I take that back, it's a GREAT movie. I think they followed one big rule that turned this from a strange 90's film into a awesome unique comedy? Well, like I said, the jokes weren't very funny, but they didn't focus as much on the written jokes as much as the character humor. Wayne and Garth, the main characters, are hilarious people in general, not as much spewing out jokes, but a funny personality, which is what made this movie funny. That's not all, it's not just Wayne and Garth who are funny, it's every single character. Each character is unique, hilarious, and just plain enjoyable to watch. Take Wayne's girlfriend for example, she has slapstick happen to her all the time, but the slapstick isn't the funny thing, it's the fact that it's happening to a character that's hilariously annoying, as well as enjoyable. As much as I've been talking about the awesome characters, there so much more, the story, some of the surprisingly funny jokes, the dialogue, the creativity, the discussions are endless. If you're a comedy fan who either doesn't mind weirdness or actually likes it, you'll find this a enjoyable flick with creativity exploding everywhere.


4.5/5



No comments:

Post a Comment