Thursday 8 December 2011

Crash (2004) Review



This is a brilliant film, with a major flaw or two, but the work Paul Haggis put into the film is outstanding. I would've probably waited till this Monday to review this movie, but I was recommended it by my friend shortly after I got the DVD, so here I'am, and I'm glad I took the time out to watch this. I think the best thing about this film is that if you don't like one character, there are plenty of others to pick through. My absolute favorite, and I think you'll agree, is Daniel, played by Michael Peña. He did outstanding in this movie, doing one of the best performances I've ever seen in film. The last scene of him in the film almost made me cry, which is featured on the movie's poster. Even though all the actors did great, the other one that really stood out in my opinion was Ludacris as Anthony. It's weird, but it's almost like he's a role model, except the character does bad things. There's plenty of characters, and everyone is interesting. The story is simple, it's Los Angelas, and it shows several different characters and how they affect each others lives. Some of them end up turning good or staying good, others turn bad, stay bad, or DIE. It's done very well and it makes you interested in the rest of the movie. Well, those are the good things, but what about the bad? There aren't many, but they're major. First, couldn't they have one story that didn't involve racism? Like, I didn't mind the racism thing, but a story this awesome shouldn't be involved on one topic. Second, some of the jerks in this movie have no reason to be jerks. OK, one woman said she always woke up angry, but what about the others? No reason, and that sucks. Finally, a minor flaw is that HEATH LEDGER WAS SUPPOSED TO BE IN THIS MOVIE!!! Who awesome would that have been? He dropped out due to scheduling conflicts, but luckily he was replaced by Ryan Phillippe, who did really well. So, if you're planning on watch this movie, please do it. It's awesome. Buy the DVD, you won't regret it.


4.5/5



No comments:

Post a Comment