Friday 9 December 2011

The Princess Bride Review



I think almost everybody likes this movie, and for good reason. First, it has probably the most genres a film can have. Let me list them off: Action, Adventure, Comedy, Drama, Family, Fantasy, Romance, and Sport! Second, it's just a ton of fun to watch. When my friend at the movie rental store said this was one of his favorite movies of all time after he recommended it to me, I looked at him funny. I thought, "His favorite movie is a chick flick?". Little did I know how amazing it would be. It's as funny as Back to the Future, as romantic as Titanic, and as likable as The Wizard of Oz, and if that doesn't lead to a 5 star film, I don't know what will. It actually shocked me on how good it is, and that's mainly because the director, Rob Reiner, directed The Bucket List, which was good, but had the stupidest plot imaginable. Luckily, he kept things simple here, with just a grandfather telling a fairy tale to a young boy, who is oddly enough played by Fred Savage. This movie also has a great cast, featuring Cary Elwes, Chris Sarandon, and Peter Falk. The characters are comedic and likable, with my favorite one being Inigo Montoya. He's funny, likable, athletic, and has a developed personality. Even though Inigo is my favorite character, there are tons of great ones to choose from, and none are either unendurable or unfunny, which is another thing this movie has going for it. My only problem with the film was there were one or two boring moments, like the beginning of the boat scene, but luckily they don't last to long and they're worth enduring to watch the great scenes. Before I end this review, let me just say, Guys, don't let the romance vibe drive you away, the movie is amazing and hilarious, and even if you don't enjoy the romance, there are lots more things to enjoy to this movie.


5/5



No comments:

Post a Comment