Friday 9 December 2011

Fast Five Review



A very overrated film with to simple a plot, 20 minute long car chases that, lets face it, suck, and a draggy feel to it that makes it feel as if it goes on forever. Now, you're lucky I'm reviewing this, as I had no intention of watching this beforehand, as I never seen the movies before it, but when my family was at a hotel (I'll just say the name, Holiday Inn), one member of my family was trying to figure out how to work the remote worked, and while doing so, by accident had turned on this movie. So, we spent the next two hours watching this. Like I said, the story is very simple, it's just these guys running away from the cops, and people trying to kill them. Simple, yet boring. The actors suck, as I had no reason to like any of these characters. The action is extremely lame. Think about it, the only good action scene was the beginning, as the camera would ACTUALLY STAY STILL! Every other action scene, the camera would always shake and distract me from the action. But instead of focusing on every single negative, lets focus on the positive things of this movie, cause there are a few. The special effects were pretty cool, and I did enjoy a couple scenes, most of them only for a short time, but still, and the car chases are OK, except for the camera and the fact no one in the chase is likable. Finally, the one actor that did got in my opinion is Sung Kang, which is funny, cause he was the only actor not signed on because of his or her looks. But really, I think those are the only good things of this movie, everything else is flawed or worse. The director should have thought about keeping people that didn't watch the past movies entertained. Finally, why did this get so good reviews? It's like some beloved critic came up in said "You know what my favorite movies are? Wizard of Oz, Crash, and Fast Five" and then everyone else decided to go along with him. So, if you have never watched the past movies, don't watch this. It will disappoint.


1.5/5



No comments:

Post a Comment