Friday 9 December 2011

A Hard Day's Night Review



What can I say about this movie? Well, it's not much. It just shows an ordinary day in the life of the famous rock band "The Beatles". Doesn't sound like much, does it? Well, before I watched this movie, I knew there wasn't going to be a plot, so I just sat back, enjoyed the music, and had a good time, and that's exactly what this movie is: A good time. The songs were outstanding, but I would be lying if I didn't say one or two of the songs didn't age well, but they were still enjoyable. Besides that, the music was pretty amazing. I just wish the movie was made later so they could include "Helter Skelter", my favorite Beatles song, but since the movie is supposed to go along smoothly, I guess I didn't mind to much. The comedy was subtle, yet hilarious. It actually sounds like jokes you would tell your friend. The story, for what it is, is pretty awesome. There's no cliches, no boring scenes, just the interesting lives of John, Paul, George, and the underrated Ringo, which I really enjoy. If I had to give a comparison to how I felt while watching this, go to a screening of "Never Say Never" and yes, those fan girls screaming was me. The Beatles are that awesome, even if they do have one or two aged songs. I admit, it's not much, and I probably wouldn't recommend it to people who aren't fans, but to ones who are fans, or at least like The Beatles, you'll enjoy this movie for what it is. It's not much, I'll admit that, but it's enough to be enjoyed.


5/5



No comments:

Post a Comment